Written by WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE | DIRECTED BY AUGUST LUNA
APRIL 17-20, 2020
Verona, USA, 1956.
Class war rages between the Capulets, the richest, most powerful family in town, and the Montagues, a huge, tight-knit family from the wrong side of the tracks. Where the Capulets have wealth and stability, the Montagues have camaraderie and a freedom from the misogynistic, gender-focused society they live in.
Director August Luna (they/them) brings a new twist to the classic tale of star-crossed lovers in this 1950s lesbian pulp romance.
Content Warning: this play depicts and deals with themes of violence, intolerance, and suicide. Contact Somniterum with any inquiries.
Tickets coming soon!
- David Breyman – Prince
- Emma Cady – Benvolio
- Nolan Chapa – Tybalt
- Monika Elmont – Nurse, Lady Montague
- Patrick Hogan – Lord Capulet
- Deena Ingley – Romeo
- Kierney Johnson – Juliet
- Aubrey Kaye – Lady Capulet
- Shalonia Rosan – Mercutio
- Johannes Saca – Paris
- Patrick Tolden – Friar Laurence
- Grace Creelman – Costume Designer
- Miriam Creelman – Light Designer
- Karl Divoky – Fight Director
- August Luna – Director
- Hannah Preisinger – Sound Designer
- Jaime Shure – Stage Manager
- Dylan Zucati – Assistant Director